Further, customers also need to be identified by Nosto. Immediately after Nosto has been implemented, only a small number of email addresses have been collected, consequently only a small share of visitors can be identified. This basically means that not all customers or cart abandoners are identified by an email address, which explains often a notable difference between abandoned carts and sent abandoned cart emails. As an easy trick to enhance number of emails sent, you should encourage and entice customers to register and log-in which increases the amount of identified customers.
As a suggestion few tips & tricks below to increase the number of registered customers.
- Enable Pop-up features, especially follow-up abandoned carts
- Place the login on top right and highlight visually
- For new visitors offer a one time discount with a promo code
- For old customers offer a free shipping or small discount if they login
- Run a raffle for registered users
- Start content marketing and require an email to receive material
- Send newsletters that are valuable for customers e.g. promo codes, exclusive deals
If no emails are sent at all and you have a notable amount of traffic, it’s advisable to review that the implementation is done correctly. Review the login-area tagging and order confirmation page tagging by using the debug-tool and track that the customer email address is mapped accordingly.