We assume at this point that you have now created a exit intent pop-up successfully.
(In case you have not created a pop-up campaign yet, please follow this link.)
Now here is how you test that it really works.
- Pop-up campaign has been set to active (On-Site > Pop-Ups > select the campaign > enabled on)?
- If personalized coupon pool was your choice for this campaign, are there sufficient codes left or has it expired?
- Are the appearance settings too strict?
- If advanced rules apply, have these been met?
- Should it still not work, please open an incognito/private browsing session and activate the debug toolbar.
If you test an abandoned cart pop-up, please check the following:
- Cart tagging needs to be working (use the debug toolbar to confirm)
Note: After adding products to the cart, a page load needs to happen to have Nosto pick up the updated cart content.
If you test an exit intent pop-up, please check the following:
- Load the page and keep the mouse cursor within the tab/window
- Wait for the page to fully load
- Move the mouse cursor out of the window/tab
With the Nosto pop-ups, there are a few technicalities to consider:
- We do not show 2 pop-ups on top of each other
- Our pop-ups have a ribbon active by default. So when pressing X it minimizes
- Ribbon-sized pop-ups are still counted as shown, as they are and remain visible and can be reopened
- Once you click on “No thanks…” the pop-up will be *permanently* closed
- On the next page load after that, Nosto will be able to trigger another pop-up
- If you want to deactivate the ribbon go to the pop-up campaign > visual settings > Ribbon On/Off
If you test a Season Sales and have a New Customer pop-up as well, please keep in mind the pop-up priority order.
This should trigger your exit intent pop-up. If it does not please feel free to contact and inform us with the steps already taken.