An Order Follow-up email is triggered by successful check-out and sent after a customer has purchased something. Best practice in timing and content depends on business goals, but it shouldn’t be sent out before a customer has presumably received the order. A good practice could be rewarding a customer with a discount coupon and at the same time promote products the customer is more likely to buy.
Below an example of an Order Follow Up email.
Setting up an Order Follow-up Email campaign is easy and takes only a few clicks.
This manual presents the steps to follow in order to launch an Order Follow-Up email campaign.
Under the Order Follow-Up section, click the “Create a new trigger” button in the interface:
The Campaign Type has been pre-set. You can click “Next”.
- Subject defines the subject of your campaign.
- From name sets the name of the sender for the campaign.
- From email defines the address of a sender visible for a receiver.
- Days after orderDays after order to wait adjusts when the email campaign is sent after the order event occurs on-site. Best practice is to send the campaign not sooner than seven days after a successful order. Many campaigns set it to 14, 30 or more days after an order. This depends mainly on the vertical and types of products.
You can modify the content of the email campaign using the input fields.
When satisfied with the content, you can preview using three functions:
- Mock products populates the email with mock-up products.
- Random Customer picks up randomly one user of your database and demonstrate what the content of an Order Follow Up email would be for the given user.
- Existing Customer gives the possibility to input a specific email address and preview how the Order Follow Up email would render for that email address.
You can choose whether you want to preview the campaign in browser or directly into your inbox. If you choose the latter, input your email address and click “Send a test email”.
The Overview section is the final step.
Before launching your campaign, a title can be set. We recommend to give an informative title to the campaigns so that it becomes easy to follow the Key Performance Indicators once several campaigns are live.
You can save as draft and launch the campaign at a later stage or decide to “Save and activate”.
Alternatively, you have access to an Advanced Settings menu by selecting “Go to advanced settings”.