To successfully connect your Nosto Visual UGC and Contentful accounts, make sure that your Contentful plugin is available under the Visual UGC Plugins directory. If not please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or our Support team.
Once that's done please proceed with the steps below.
Installing the Visual UGC Contentful App
Go to Plugins and locate the Contentful plugin. Click Configure.
You will be presented with a configuration screen similar to below.
The only step to complete at this stage is to copy the Redirect URI that is visible at the top of the config screen which we will use in our next step when creating a Contentful App.
Log in to Contentful and create an App. To create an App, click on your Username (Top left-hand corner) and select the option, User Profile (https://app.contentful.com/account/profile/user/)
From this screen, you will be presented with a series of options at the top.
Select the option called, OAuth applications. From here you can now setup your very own Application in Contentful. Simply click on the button New Application to start the process.
This will load up a blank form similar to the one below:
Complete the form. Note, Name, and Description can be any value. However, it is encouraged you use something which can be identified with Nosto Visual UGC. The Redirect URI should be the value collected previously in Step 3 from the Visual UGC Admin Portal.
Select both options, the Content Management Read and Content Management Manage checkboxes, and unselect the Confidential checkbox before hitting the Create Application button. Upon hitting Create Application, the Application screen will update and show a ClientID similar to below. Copy this ClientID, as it will need to be added to your Visual UGC Contentful Plugin on the Visual UGC side.
Configuring the Visual UGC Contentful Plugin
By now we have successfully created an Application within Contentful, meaning we are now in a position to configure our Visual UGC Contentful Plugin to connect the two applications. The first step is to take the ClientID we copied in the previous step and paste it into the Client ID section within the Contentful Plugin (Plugins > Contentful Plugin > Configure > Client ID).
2. Once pasted in, click the Connect button and complete the authentication process. This will prompt you to authorize Visual UGC to use your Contentful Account. To proceed select Authorize
3. Once that step is completed the connection is completed and the button will turn to Disconnect.
4. By now you have given Visual UGC access to use your Contentful account. The next step is to provide access to Contentful to access your Visual UGC account. To do this, simply click on the Authorise Stackla API button located further down.
5. Upon clicking, you will be prompted to log into your account again to authorize Contentful to access your Stack.
6. Once successful, the Authorise Stackla button will change from Green to Red, and the Spaces section on your account will now be populated with one or more Spaces associated with your Contentful account.
7. The final step in the process is simply to Install Visual UGC onto that Space. To do this, simply hit the Install button next to the relevant Space(s) that you wish to enable Visual UGC on.
Next Steps: You will need to add Visual UGC to one or more of your Contentful Content Models before you are able to display Visual UGC Widgets.
For any further questions or queries, please submit a request and our support team will get back to you.