Automation Rules provides the ability for customers to define workflows that will apply a transformation (Action) to a Tile or an Asset based upon a set of pre-defined conditions (Trigger).
These Rules are run every time a new Tile is aggregated into the customer Stack or a new Asset is added to their Asset Manager.
The various parameters which a customer can specify when creating an Automation Rule via the Stackla Admin User Interface are:
Tile : Apply this Automation Rule to UGC Tiles Aggregated
Asset : Apply this Automation Rule to new Assets added
Match All : All conditions must be True in order for the Trigger to be fired
Match Any : Any condition can be True in order for the Trigger to be fired
The instructions below outline how to setup an automation Rule:
1. Go to Settings > Automation Rules in the Navigation.
2. Select Create New Rule from the manage Automation Rules page.
3. The Automation Rule modal will load. First step is to pick the Type of Automation Rule you wish to create.
4. After selecting the type you will be able to add a Rule Name. This name is what will be used to help identify the rules from the manage Automation Rules page.
5. Next step is to define the Scope for the Trigger. This Scope determines whether or not ALL or ANY of the Conditions you define in the Trigger section.
6. Once you have defined the Scope, you will now have the ability to create a Condition or a Group. A Group is a set of Conditions which can have its own Scope. You can either use the Criteria Builder or the Query Editor to do this.
7. Once you have defined your Triggers, you can now define your Actions. You can either use the Criteria Builder or the Query Editor to do this.
8. Final step in the process is to Save the Rule. The Automation Rule will then be run against either every newly aggregated Tile or newly created Asset, depending on the type selected.
Note: Automation Rules will not be applied to Tiles or Assets that already exist in your Stack.