Note: This article assumes that you already possess a Facebook Business Manager account, ad account, have access to both and are using the Facebook integration for pixel management and product catalogue management.
To serve Dynamic Product Ads (DPA) you need to have access to Facebook Business Manager and an Ad Account. There are 12 campaign objectives within the editor but you will likely use the same one - ‘Catalogue Sales’ for product based ads. This is optimized for product based sales in ecommerce and DPA whereas if your marketing activities or creative require using another objective, such as video view, choose objective respecting these factors.
Nosto's pre-defined audiences used three events to target the following customer behaviours:
Viewed Content: After a customer views a product page on your store, you can begin serving them ads featuring the same product to encourage them to take another look.
Add to Cart: If a customer adds a product to their cart, but doesn’t purchase it, you can show them ads that specifically promote that product, giving them a gentle nudge back to your site to complete the transaction.
Product Purchase: Once a customer successfully purchases a product, you can serve them ads featuring related products, upsells, new arrivals, and anything else that might be valuable to them based on their purchase history.
Create your campaign and ad set
Click “Create Campaign” and select “Catalogue Sales” as your objective.
2. Name your campaign, ad set, & ad.
3. Edit your ad set to make sure the ad is pushing products that you want to highlight in this particular ad. You can filter your product set by Availability, Brand, Category, Product Type, and Price and more. These filters will automatically organize your products based on the way that you’ve set up your product set.
4. Choose your audience. If you want to create basic retargeting, audiences for these are pre-generated and easily accessible in the native interface. You can choose from different audience types outlined below and can filter these further by time periods etc. If you're looking how to create audiences based on Nosto segments, we've concluded guidelines under overall Facebook Pixel article here.
Create your ad
Name your ad and make sure it’s linked to the correct Facebook Page or Instagram account
2. DPAs use specific ‘keyword’ variables in the headline and link description. These variables are populated via the headings that you used in your uploaded product feed spreadsheet, like ‘product.name’, ‘prodct.description’ etc. When a customer views your ad these keywords will be replaced with the corresponding product information. The only keywords you really need are product.name, product.description and product.price. You can add them using the + button beside each field.
3. Write your ad copy
4. Confirm all your settings are correct, like the CTA (Shop Now is safest) and the deep link destination if people want to visit your site.
Once you’re finished you can review the basic settings of your campaign, ad set and DPA, and then you’ll be ready to run your ad!